Say hello to your new keyboard!
The Ferris Sweep is a fully-assembled, low profile keyboard that provides unmatched comfort and portability. Due to it’s programmability, it’s able to provide you with the an experience of a full-sized keyboard in a compact and lightweight 34-key package. Get all the benefits of an ergonomic, programmable keyboard without having to solder a single component by yourself!
- 2x Ferris Sweep PCB (one of each half)
- 34x Choc switches of your choice
- 2x microcontroller (and optionally a battery) of your choice, wired with Pro-Micro or wireless with the nice!nano
- 2x TRRS jack sockets
- 2x reset switches
- 10x rubber feet
- 2x Hot-swap sockets and pins for the microcontrollers
- Build work
What’s not included
- Cables for the keyboard are NOT included by default. You will need two cables; one to connect the two keyboard halves together (called the TRRS) and another one that will go from one of the keyboard halves to the computer (typically Micro-USB or USB-C to USB). Various cables coming to the store soon! 🙂
All keyboards have the microcontrollers socketed using hot-swap sockets, which means that in case of any breakage, we will be able to to provide you with a fully assembled hot swap replacement.
There is a small difference between the version of the PCB that we sell compared to the upstream github version, which is that the crab design is removed. Functionaly, they work the same. Before we manage to get a better picture detailing this in a full build here, you can check how this looks in our kit offering here